Migrating from UW-Imap to Cyrus

Nicolas KOWALSKI Nicolas.Kowalski at imag.fr
Tue Feb 14 11:07:47 EST 2006

Michael Menge <Michael.Menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> Hi,

Hello,

> Is ther a way to make imapsync run faster ore are there faster
> Programs?

I migrated from uw-imapd to Cyrus with the "mailutil" tool coming with
the uw-imapd distribution. As long as your uw mailboxes do not contain
"garbage" (messages with bad headers, nuls or bare newlines), it will
run fast; if there is garbage, it will just stop. For the subscription
lists, I used imapsync, and modified it to just sync subscriptions
after migrating the data.

In my case, on one moderately big server (1GB RAM, Xeon 2,4Ghz, SCSI
U-160 disks), it took 6H for migrating about 15GB of data, in ~4000
mailboxes, containg ~400000 messages in total.

--
Nicolas