autocreate patch on debian: applies, but no change?

Fred Blaise chapeaurouge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 10:15:30 EST 2006

hi list

I am running Debian Sarge, and cyrus-imapd 2.1.18 from the repos.
I patched it to have the autocreate functionality (http://email.uoa.gr/),
and repackaged it, but I see no difference... I am wondering if I am
repacking without the changes??

Here is what I am doing. I got all the toold needed to compile.

- I get the patch related to my version
- apt-get source cyrus21-imapd
- apt-get build-dep cyrus21'-imapd
- patch -p1 < the-correct-diff-file.diff
(1 hunk fails in pop3d.c, i seen that somewhere. i manually go in and add
the missing line. I am actually not using pop3 at all, just imap and imaps)
- debuild -us -uc --> completes fine

I now have multiple .deb files (even for pkgs I haven't downloaded the
source for, like all the cyrus21-*).

I install the new cyrus21-imapd file on my server:
/etc/init.d/cyrus21 stop
dpkg -i cyrus21-imapd-2.1.18_i386.deb -> ok
/etc/init.d/cyrus21 start

my /etc/imapd.conf is set to:

autocreatequota: 100000
autocreateinboxfolders: Sent|Drafts|Spam
autosubscribeinboxfolders: Sent|Drafts|Spam

But nothing. Nothing in the logs, just like I never patched cyrus. Am I
doing something wrong with the packaging? or what am i missing?

Any ideas? Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

fred