Cyradm problems

Hendrik Koch superhenne at freenet.de
Wed Feb 8 03:57:28 EST 2006

Robert Schmid wrote:

>I am also having a problem logging in to cyradm.  I can not login using
>
>cyradm --user cyrusimap localhost  (cyrusimap is the OSX cyrus user)

the user needs to have e-mail enabled in apple's workgroup manager.
without this it cannot find an authentication method. i added a
Postmaster User and changed /etc/imapd.conf  "admins: cyrusimap
postmaster" This works for me.

>I get the two login prompts, - the first is OK but I can't get past the
>second unless I specify another user.  The docs say that the cyrusadmin
>should not be able to read email so cyrusimap has no mailboxes.

the way i understand this is to not use it for sending and receiving
mail - but without the activation in workgroup manager it  won't work.

Hendrik