Delivered-To or Envelope-To header ...

Phil Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Dec 29 13:27:41 EST 2006

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 17:17:49 -0400 "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy at hub.org> wrote:

> Is it possible to add this where delivery method is lmtp?  I have one person
> requesting it, and am not finding anything particularly useful on the subject
>
> Mainly, what they are looking at is where UserA is aliased to UserB, but they
> want to know that the original was sent to UserA for 'sub-filtering' purposes
>
> I'm using Postfix in front of cyrus imapd .. and v2.3.x of Cyrus IMAPd ...

If a message has been delivered to B because A is in the To: or Cc: then you
don't need any extra header lines because you can see it in the To: and Cc:.

If the message was delivered to multiple recipients because of Bcc: or because
of a list (Postfix can't tell the difference) then you are snookered as far as
I can see. You would need to get Postfix to put a list of all the envelope
recipients in the new header line and that would break the Bcc: privacy, so you
should refuse to do it.

Phil.