Anyone used consilient2 BB Push for Cyrus?

Zachariah Mully zmully at smartbrief.com
Fri Dec 22 13:06:42 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 11:08 -0600, Sam Egelhof wrote:
> Has anyone heard anything about or used Consilient 2 software for
> pushing e-mail to BlackBerry thru IMAP?
>
> I haven't heard anything about the company or the product but we are
> wanting to move all our corporate users from Exchange 2000 with BES to
> Cyrus-IMAP. The only problem is we can't find any push (especially
> BB-push) software that fits with Cyrus. According to the press release
> this company does exactly that.
>
> So has anyone had any experience with it?
>
> Below is a link to the press release:
>
> http://consilient.com/products/consilient2/

I haven't used it, but I've spoken to them about it and AFIACT, you
still need to install their software on the handheld. You might also
want to look at Notify (http://www.notifycorp.com), I've heard this is
the product that Sun uses internally to sync between Blackberrys and Sun
Messaging Server (or whatever it's called these days).

Either option is pricey.