Performance in 64-bit?

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Fri Dec 15 00:44:03 EST 2006

> Hi all,
>
> I've seen occasional conversation here regarding running Cyrus in
> 64-bit mode, but is there an advantage aside from very large quotas?

I don't think quotas are larger on 64bit, at least I don't care because
they are already in the terabyte range with 2.3.

> Is Cyrus known to run faster in 64-bit, for instance?

Do you say Linux? I don't expect to get better performance with x86_64 as
long as you have <= 4Gb of memory. And if I considered 64bit, then it's
real 64bit, not that 32/64bit mess seen with Linux/x86_64.
Anyway, I'm also interested if someone made real benchmarks to find out.

Simon