Cyrus DB Problem

Andreas Kimpfler andreas.kimpfler at t-online.de
Fri Dec 8 17:34:49 EST 2006

Hello Again,

now after some more reading of the logfiles i found this:

lmtpunix[2882]: duplicate_check: <266B5D52-DBBE-4CEE-8B53-1A07C357CBA3 at cyber-tec.org>-florianhelms at strohmedia.de .bluemaex.sieve.     0
lmtpunix[3774]: FATAL: couldn't exec() sendmail
lmtpunix[2882]: sieve runtime error for bluemaex id <266B5D52-DBBE-4CEE-8B53-1A07C357CBA3 at cyber-tec.org>: Redirect: Sendmail process terminated normally, exit status 75
lmtpunix[2882]: DBERROR ^CÏ^H^H: db4
lmtpunix[2882]: DBERROR: error fetching <266B5D52-DBBE-4CEE-8B53-1A07C357CBA3 at cyber-tec.org>: Invalid argument

I talked to the user and we discovered that this is an sieve rule that
forwards an incoming mail to another user outside my mail system.

This is followed up by more errors like this one:

lmtpunix[2882]: IOERROR: fstating sieve script /mail/imap/sieve/f/fhele/defaultbc: No such file or directory
lmtpunix[2882]: DBERROR ^CÏ^H^H: db4
lmtpunix[2882]: DBERROR: error fetching <4393166.1165581121480.ecMessenger at newsletter1.otto.de>: Invalid argument
lmtpunix[2882]: duplicate_check: error looking up <4393166.1165581121480.ecMessenger at newsletter1.otto.de>/user.fhele: cyrusdb error

It ends up with an lmtpd process running at 100% CPU and the cyrus
does not answer on any port (pop3/imaps).

As the only solution i restarted cyrus and everything works again.

For now the user deactivated this rule and it seems to work until now.
But he told me that this rule worked for a long time.

So what has this rule to do with cyrus database and why is it getting
corrupt?

Thanks

Greetings
Andreas Kimpfler