Possible sendmail misconfiguration to deliver to cyrus

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Mon Dec 4 00:23:47 EST 2006

Todd Lyons wrote:
> Error" because the user doesn't exist.  I have been googling and looking
> at m4 code and trying to figure out what I can do to make sendmail check
> the user at SMTP connect time the way it does if I configure sendmail to
> deliver to a regular mbox mail spool.

Can you create a list of all of your users from some other information?
  If so,

1. Put a list of all of your domains in /etc/mail/virtual-domains

2. put each and every user in virtusertable with the same e-mail address
on the left and right

	jrhett at netconsonance.com    jrhett at netconsonance.com

3. Make sure that every domain has a wildcard deny, like

	@netconsonance.com          error:nouser No such user

4. add these options to the MC file

LOCAL_CONFIG
F{VirtHost}/etc/mail/virtual-domains
FEATURE(`virtuser_entire_domain')dnl
define(`_VIRTUSER_STOP_ONE_LEVEL_RECURSION_')dnl

--
Jo Rhett
Network/Software Engineer