sync_client stalls the rest of cyrus while 'no route to host'
wes at umich.edu
Tue Aug 29 11:12:30 EDT 2006
On 28 Aug 2006, at 20:33, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> What else do you have that will kill it?
4) xfer onto a replicating backend causes sync_client to exit
8) renaming users causes sync_client to exit
In both of these, size and other load matters.
> We agree on the design-flaws front, and
> I'm seriously consider (as I said in another post) rewriting to
> be a bit more like mysql in the "multiple replicas possible"
> design and keeping the sync logs around for double-checking
The pushmail code look interesting. I think this:
5) xfer off a replicating backend doesn't remove data from the replica
is a bug, not a design flaw so much. I think the xfer code is just
missing a sync_log call. Probably a trivial fix, but I'm working on
#s 4&8 above.
> No transferring expunged messages matters only from a backup
> recovery point of view, and we already keep yet another backup[tm]
I'd like to eliminate the cost of our YAB[tm], but can't due to the
way that expunged messages are treated:
3) xfer doesn't transfer expunged messages
6) removing folders doesn't benefit from delayed expunge
9) the IMAP rename command doesn't keep expunged messages
> Oh, and if real-time replication is running the "expunged" message
> seems to get itself to the replica before actually getting deleted
> most of the time.
And that would be almost good enough if the other flaws in delayed
expunge weren't there.
More information about the Info-cyrus