Can't login websieve

Phil Pennock info-cyrus-spodhuis at spodhuis.org
Thu Aug 24 06:55:32 EDT 2006

On 2006-08-24 at 09:59 +1000, Sam wrote:
> Hi, commandline test is also failed:
>
> # sivtest -a cyrus localhost
> connect: Connection refused
> failure: Network initialization - can not connect to localhost:sieve
>
> I m not sure if I have to reload the service file in FreeBSD?

You need to have an entry in /etc/cyrus.conf detailing sieve and to send
a SIGHUP to the Cyrus master process to tell it to re-read its config
file.

The SERVICES block needs something like:

   sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

and if you're not sure how to find the process and send it a HUP then
just use the OS's rc.d scripts to restart the master; existing IMAP
connections will then be dropped, though.  The FreeBSD "imapd" script
doesn't appear to have a reload command built in to make this easier.

"man cyrus.conf" for more details.  It controls the master, which is the
overall supervisor process responsible for starting the relevant
daemons.  imapd.conf provides configuration for those daemons once
they're already running.
--
"Everything has three factors: politics, money, and the right way to do it.
 In that order."  -- Gary Donahue