sieve doesn't work

Vladi Lemurov fix at stekloprom.ru
Thu Aug 24 04:09:42 EDT 2006

sorry, I've sent an unfinished letter, really sorry :(

Hello!
    I have debian sarge (stable) installed with cyrus (imapd, pop3,
sieve) 2.1.18 -installed. Everything works fine, except sieve. I have
already delt with cyrus on Freebsd before, I used sieve there so I would
like to put the scripts I already have to this new installation.
I get the following error:

 > $sieveshell --user=<user> --auth=<user> localhost
 > connecting to localhost
 > unable to connect to server at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 174.

That's my imapd.conf:

configdirectory: /var/lib/cyrus
defaultpartition: default
partition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/mail
partition-news: /var/spool/cyrus/news
newsspool: /var/spool/news
altnamespace: no
unixhierarchysep: no
admins: cyradmin
sieve_admins: cyradmin
allowanonymouslogin: no
popminpoll: 0
autocreatequota: 0
umask: 077

sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
sieveusehomedir: false
sievedir: /var/spool/sieve

hashimapspool: true
allowplaintext: yes

sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN

sasl_minimum_layer: 0

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb
sasl_auto_transition: no

#
# SSL/TLS Options
#

tls_cert_file: /var/lib/cyrus/cert.pem
tls_key_file: /var/lib/cyrus/key.pem

# Unix domain socket that idled listens on.
idlesocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/idle

# Unix domain socket that the new mail notification daemon listens on.
notifysocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/notify

		Vladi.