Odd quota problem

Daniel Eckl deckl at nero.com
Fri Aug 4 11:34:05 EDT 2006

Perhaps I didn't describe the max quota limit problem good enough:

When your system is affected by this problem and you set a quota greater
than 2 GB, it results in running mad. In this case it will report over
quota way before 2GB. Setting quota back to 2GB (or some bytes below),
the user will be able to use this 2GB w/o problems again.

So your symptoms point exactly to this problem.

In this case, the only way to have more space as 2GB is to remove quota
like it has been suggested here already.

Best,
Daniel