Good book on Cyrus?

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 2 11:22:36 EDT 2006

Wesley Craig wrote:
> On 17 Jul 2006, at 09:59, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
>> Short answer, there are no good books.   Managing IMAP is minimally
>> useful - in a basic sense.
>
> The one salient chapter happens to be online:
>
>     http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mimap/chapter/ch09.html
>
> if that helps.
>
>> However, I contacted O'Reilly about a possible "Nutshell" book, and as
>> I recall the response was there were no plans for anything.
>>
>> And so, we have this large scalable product that doesn't have a good
>> book - it's complex enough that it deserves one.
>
> I would think there's a good market fo a Cyrus IMAP book.  Did _Managing
> IMAP_ sell particularly poorly?

I along with several current and former CMU folks have talked numerous
times about writing a Cyrus book (our preference would be to do it with
O'Reilly), but we've never gotten beyond the "it would be a good idea
stage).

Perhaps if we get a "Cyrus Center" up and running with proper funding,
we'd be able to consider authoring a book more seriously.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer