cyrus + postfix problem

Lukasz Michalski lm at zork.pl
Fri Apr 28 04:25:10 EDT 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 22:14, Rajesh Soman wrote:
> Lukasz Michalski wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I managed to setup postfix + cyrus with virtual domain support.
> >Everything works besides sending emails to multiple addresses in the
> >same domain.
> >
> >When I send such email it *gets delivered*, but sender recieves bounce
> >with info:
> >
> >The Postfix program
> >
> ><globus at zork.pl>: data format error. Command output: : Mailbox does not
> >exist
> >
> ><zork at zork.pl>: data format error. Command output: : Mailbox does not
> >exist
>
> Try mailbox_transport  instead of local_transport in main.cf
>
> Rajesh

thanks everyone that responded. (Most replies gets directly to me - This list
does not have reply-to set?)

My current postfix setup delivers mail for system accounts to their local mail
spool, and virtual domains are redirected to cyrus.

I  switched from using /usr/lib/cyrus/deliver and cyrus transport to lmtp. I
disabled lmtp authorization in cyrus by changing lmtpd to lmtpd -a in
cyrus.conf, because postfix is doing SMTP auth so it is not needed in lmtp.

Everything works now, but I have one security issue: postfix is connecting to
cyrus using public IP address. I know how to change cyrus to listen on
127.0.0.1 only, but can't find how to make postfix to connect to 127.0.0.1
instead of public IP.

Can you give me a clue?

Thanks again,
Łukasz