does xfer require murder?

Perry Brown vbperry at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 20 17:19:29 EDT 2006

>>Perry Brown wrote:
>>>Thanks for the imtest idea.
>>>
>>>It looks like I can log in OK.
>>>

>>>server1.sub1% /opt/mail/cyrus-imapd/bin/imtest -m login -p imap
>>>server2.sub2.domain.com
>>
>>Force imtest to use one of the SASL mechanisms that are listed.  The
>>backends *only* use SASL, not protocol specific login commands (IMAP
>>LOGIN, POP3 USER/PASS, NNTP AUTHINFO USER/PASS).
>>

>I'm sorry I got my dounce cap on today or something.
>
>Should I change the -m login to -m and one of the AUTH= values from the
>CAPABILITY output?
>ie  -m GSSAPI? or digest-md5 etc...
>
>Andy Morgan wrote:
>Maybe "-m plain"?

thank you for the suggestion Andy but no luck.

server1.sub1% /opt/mail/cyrus-imapd/bin/imtest -m plain -p imap
WARNING: no hostname supplied, assuming localhost

S: * OK server1.sub1.domain.com Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.8 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND BINARY
SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE AUTH=GSSAPI
AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5 SASL-IR LISTEXT LIST-SUBSCRIBED X-NETSCAPE
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: A01 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN Y3lyaW1hcABjeXJpbWFwAGpTdXZTMTFz
S: A01 NO no mechanism available
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0