Skiplist vs Berkley db

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Apr 20 16:17:55 EDT 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Ken Murchison wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> 'k ... just to make sure that I fully understand though ... as long as I
>> use Berkeley DB for *anything*, that directory needs to exist ... ?  For
>> instance, if duplicate_db == db3?
>
> Yes.  I you use BDB for any of the databases, then you will have a
> <configdir>/db/ directory.

I have only skiplist and quotalegacy backends defined on my v2.2.12 box,
and yet I still have the following in <configdir>/db/:

-rw-------   1 cyrus mail    16384 Apr 18 11:01 __db.001
-rw-------   1 cyrus mail   663552 Apr 18 11:01 __db.002
-rw-------   1 cyrus mail    98304 Apr 18 11:01 __db.003
-rw-------   1 cyrus mail 18563072 Apr 18 11:01 __db.004
-rw-------   1 cyrus mail    32768 Apr 18 11:01 __db.005
-rw-------   1 cyrus mail 10485760 Feb 14 00:01 log.0000000001
-rw-------   1 cyrus mail        4 Apr 18 11:01 skipstamp

It appears that the log.0000000001 is probably leftover from previous BDB
days, but the others are obviously being updated regularly during the
daily checkpoint of databases.

 	Andy