Skiplist vs Berkley db

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Apr 20 14:16:13 EDT 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Ken Murchison wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>> AFAIK, there is no such thing as /var/spool/imap/db (not in the IMAP
>>> spool). There will be something like /var/imap/db (in configdir), which is
>>> the BDB environment directory.
>>
>> I have my imapd.conf file setup to point to /var/spool/imap ... not sure
>> why I did this, but I've had it like this forever now ... same as the
>> default /var/imap ...
>>
>> So, based on the above ... if I were to switch *everything* to skiplist,
>> then that directory would go away?
>
> It wouldn't go away by itself, but you could remove it.

'k ... just to make sure that I fully understand though ... as long as I
use Berkeley DB for *anything*, that directory needs to exist ... ?  For
instance, if duplicate_db == db3?

Basically, I'm going to look at switching over to using the configuration
recommended on the WhatDatabaseBackend page, which means using
berkeley(_nosync) ...

----