does xfer require murder?

Perry Brown vbperry at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 15:37:39 EDT 2006

Thanks for the imtest idea.

It looks like I can log in OK.

server1.sub1% /opt/mail/cyrus-imapd/bin/imtest -m login -p imap
server2.sub2.domain.com
S: * OK server2.sub2.domain.com Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.8 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND BINARY
SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE AUTH=GSSAPI
AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5 SASL-IR LISTEXT LIST-SUBSCRIBED X-NETSCAPE
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN cyrus {8}
S: + go ahead
C: <omitted>
S: L01 OK User logged in
Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 0
CAPABILITY
* BAD Invalid tag
LIST
* BAD Invalid tag
list
* BAD Invalid tag

It looks like the cyrus account gets authenticated OK.