Configuring lmtpd reject behaviour

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Wed Apr 19 13:36:00 EDT 2006

Hi there.

I'm having a small problem where lmtpd is rejecting certain messages
with a "554 5.6.0 Message contains invalid header"--messages which
the MTA has accepted.

The messages have been identified as spam by SpamAssassin, and I'm
attempting to deliver them to a specific mailbox for bayesian
training.  They do indeed have invalid headers--specifically, fake
"Received:" headers with malformed hostnames, which seems to be the
common element across the messages which lmtpd doesn't like.  (See
attached example, archived to avoid your filters.)

If possible I'd like to configure lmtpd to accept those messages,
because if lmtpd rejects the message then the MTA ends up generating
a bounce which ends up in postmaster@ because the Sender is fake.

Is this possible?

----
Nels Lindquist <*>