Move from one server with 2.1.9 to another server with 2.2.3

throwaway-it at cox.net throwaway-it at cox.net
Wed Apr 19 10:51:23 EDT 2006

I did not see a reply to Martijn's inquiry.  I am particularly interested in question #2and #4 below, but in my case it's on a Solaris 5.8 (Cyrus 2.1.11) platform migrating to Linux AS 3.0 (Cyrus 2.2.12).
2.1.11 does not have the "xfer" command, 2.2.12 does.  Which release of 2.1.XX was the 'xfer' command introduced?  I did find it beginning in 2.2.3 (non-beta/alpha), I believe.
Do I have to upgrade from 2.1.11 to 2.2.3 to be able to use the 'xfer' function?  The Solaris box is being replaced by the Linux box and prefer not to upgrade if possible.  Thanks.

  Bob