does xfer require murder?

Perry Brown vbperry at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 16:59:05 EDT 2006

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the suggestion. I added

proxyservers: cyrus

to the imapd.conf and restarted cyrus (the doc says it should not be an
admin but I'm just trying to get things working right now)

restarted and got the same error.

I think Patrick was on to something with running cyradm to the other host.

In my testing I am launching cyradm from server3. It can connect to server1
and server2 with no problem. When I tried his suggestion of running cyradm
from server1 to server2 I get:

Can't load
'/opt/mail/cyrus-imapd/lib/perl-5.6.0/Linux-2.4c2.3-i686/auto/Cyrus/IMAP/IMAP.so'
for module Cyrus::IMAP: libssl.so.0.9.7: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory at
/opt/software/depot/Linux-2.4c2.3-i686/perl-5.6.0/lib/perl-5.6.0/Linux-2.4c2.3-i686/DynaLoader.pm
line 200.
at
/opt/mail/cyrus-imapd/lib/perl-5.6.0/Linux-2.4c2.3-i686/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm
line 44
Compilation failed in require at
/opt/mail/cyrus-imapd/lib/perl-5.6.0/Linux-2.4c2.3-i686/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm
line 44.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/opt/mail/cyrus-imapd/lib/perl-5.6.0/Linux-2.4c2.3-i686/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm
line 44.
Compilation failed in require at
/opt/mail/cyrus-imapd/lib/perl-5.6.0/Linux-2.4c2.3-i686/Cyrus/IMAP/Shell.pm
line 60.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/opt/mail/cyrus-imapd/lib/perl-5.6.0/Linux-2.4c2.3-i686/Cyrus/IMAP/Shell.pm
line 60.
Compilation failed in require.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

Does cyradm need to be able to run from one host to the other for this to
work? I'm digging through the archives on the above errrors to see if I can
see what is going on.

Thank you
Perry