preserve message flags in upgrade

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Tue Apr 18 09:39:49 EDT 2006

Thanks for the reply Edward, you are correct that the reconstruct was
not necessary.

That said, my man page says that -f isn't to force the reconstruct but
rather to search the filesystem underneath the mailbox for additional
mailboxes that currently aren't in mailboxes.db.  Additionally it says
the reconstruct will attempt to preserve all flag names, flag states,
and dates:

"If Reconstruct can find existing header and index files, it attempts to
preserve any data in them that is not derivable from the message files
themselves. The state reconstruct attempts to preserve includes the flag
names, flag state, and internaldate. Reconstruct derives all other
information from the message files."

Either 1) I'm not understanding the man page correctly or 2) it failed
to preserve the flags and didn't tell me it couldn't do so or 3) it's
wrong.

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer III
CCAC - College Office