How to determine unixhierarchysep *through* imap?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Mon Apr 17 20:54:11 EDT 2006

How are other admin interfaces determining whether its '.' or '/'?  I'm
using PHP, and checked  ". capability" based on one persons suggestion,
but it just returns:

===
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND BINARY
SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE
AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5 SASL-IR LISTEXT LIST-SUBSCRIBED X-NETSCAPE
===

could be that I'm missing something in there that is the 'switch', but
I've run the above with unixhierarchysep set to 1 and 0, and the output
looks identical ...

Right now, my interface is doing a simple:

       /* Attempting to create a new mailbox. */
       $newmailbox = "{".$mail_server_name.":".$mail_server_port."}user.".$account_name;
       $sent_mail_folder = $newmailbox.".sent-mail";

       if(imap_createmailbox($mbox,imap_utf7_encode($newmailbox))) {
         if(imap_createmailbox($mbox,imap_utf7_encode($sent_mail_folder))) {

But, of course, with unixhierarchysep set to 1, it has to be
user/$account_name ...

Help? :)

----