does xfer require murder?

Perry Brown vbperry at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 13 17:03:46 EDT 2006

Hi All,

We are running cyrus-imap 2.2.8 and sasl 2.1.15. We have two RHEL 3 servers
with about 4800 users split between them.

I am looking to migrate the users to 2 new RHEL3 hosts with the same
cyrus-imap and sasl versions. I added the allowusermoves to imapd.conf
restarted cyrus and tried to do a test move.

host1.domain.com> xfer user/ host2.domain.com
xfermailbox: Mailbox does not exist

Both cyrus-imap and cyrus-sasl where compiled with --enable-murder (least
that is what my notes say is there a way to verify?), but it looks like
murder has not been set up with a master or imapd.conf file changes.

Question, Is it possible to xfer a mailbox without configuring murder?

Thanks for any help.
Perry