cyrus murder sieve and quota

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Apr 12 11:33:49 EDT 2006

roos wrote:
> Helo.
>
> 1.When we try to interact with sieve on frontend we get the following:
>
> S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.12-Debian-2.2.12-4"
> S: "SASL" "LOGIN PLAIN"
> S: "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify
> subaddress relational comparator-i;ascii-numeric regex"
> S: OK
> C: AUTHENTICATE "LOGIN"
> S: {12}
> S: DXNlcasm5hbWU6
> C: "cm9vcw=="
> S: {12}
> S: SGFdzc3ddvcmQ6
> C: "YmFyYWJha2E="
> S: OK
> C: PUTSCRIPT "roos" {252+} require ["fileinto", "reject", "vacation"];
> if header :matches "From" "*"{ vacation :days 1 "2"; } if header
> :contains "From" "asd"{ discard; } if header :contains "To" "asd"{
> discard; } if header :contains "To" "asdsd"{ discard; }
> S: BYE (REFERRAL "sieve://n2.mail.internal") "Try Remote."
>
> Does it mean that we have to connect directly to backend? I
> didn't saw a sieve_proxy daemon in murder.
>
> 2. When we try to set quota for user's mailbox during interaction with
> frontend we get:
>
>  couldn't set quota for user/a-a : try NO [REFERRAL
>  imap://;AUTH=*@n2.mail.internal/user/a-a] Remote mailbox
>
> Does it mean the same? Murder wants us to connect directly to backand
> for this task?
>
> Please say how to overcome these. Thank you.

In both cases the command eventually needs be be executed on the
backend.  However, both sieveshell and cyradm properly handle the
referrals that they get from the frontend.  If you're using some other
tools, you either need to make tem referral-aware or use them directly
against the proper backend.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer