Restarting a terminated sync_client under the master process

Roland Pope rpope at jadeworld.com
Sun Apr 9 05:08:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am running the new Cyrus 2.3 Replication process and I am having the
occasional situation whereby the sync_client process running on the master
service, terminates.
The IMAP/POP/SIEVE process all refork themselves as they are initatiated by
a client connecting, but as the sync_client IS the client, it never receives
any such request.
My question is, how do I restart the sync_client under the master process
without having to restart the master process/ (which terminates all my IMAP
users)?

Thanks
Roland