unixhierarchysep: 1 (Was: Re: Web based administration interfaces...)

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Fri Apr 7 17:25:51 EDT 2006

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, David Lang wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
>> Okay, I tried this out, on an existing mail spool ... two words: ACK ACK!
>>
>> 'k, looking at the file system, to start, I'm seeing changes:
>>
>> The first mailbox is 'before' and the second is 'after':
>>
>> 12524   ./s/user/seminars/sent-mail
>> 12532   ./s/user/seminars
>> 12534   ./s/user
>> 12536   ./s
>> 8       ./u/user^sakellariou
>> 8       ./u/user^sakellariou^sent-mail
>> 18      ./u
>>
>> Does the mailbox creation stuff have have to change also?  We create all
>> ours as 'user.<userid>', so do we have to change it all to user/userid? :(
>
> yep, you changed the meaning of "." and "/" so everything needs to change

'k, but how do you change the existing mailboxes?  Basically, if I do a
list of all users with a pattern of user.*, and unixhierarchysep to set 1,
it will only show the sakellariou user .. if I do it with it set to 0, I
get seminars ...

>> If so, is there a way in PHP of finding out whether the seperator is a '.'
>> or a '/'?
>
> I don't know the PHP tools that you are useing (for that matter I've
> avoided PHP itself) so I can't say how, but the info is being sent to
> PHP from cyrus.

> to see this info yourself enable plain, cleartext passwords and telnet to
> your machine on port 143 and send the following
>
> a login userid password
> b capabilities
> c logout

That didn't work:

# telnet localhost imap
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK hub.org Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12 server ready
. login admin at hub.org xx
. OK User logged in
. capabilities
. BAD Unrecognized command