Too slow

Scott M. Likens damm at yazzy.org
Fri Apr 7 16:29:35 EDT 2006

Don't use ext3?

Honestly ext2/3 is fine and dandy, but gentoo does +S the /var/imap
folder, so everything has to call a sync()

That is slow on ext2/3, perhaps reiserfs or xfs would be better for you?

--
"What does one want when one is engaged in the sexual act?
That everything around you give you its utter attention