Too slow

Patrick Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Fri Apr 7 15:12:15 EDT 2006

On Apr 7, 2006, at 2:58 PM, Sascha Bieler wrote:

> Everythings working just fine, but when I want to delete an email it's
> sooooo slowly...
>
> Has anyone a hint for me?

I assume deleting is expunging the messages and not just flagging the
messages as deleted.

I don't have a hint for your setup, but  cyrus-imapd 2.3 has a
delayed expunge function that (among several things )speeds up the
apparent speed of expunging by removing the message from the message
index (I think) but not performing the actual delete.  To the user
the messages is expunged.

In off peak hours, cyr_expire can be run to remove all the expunged
messages from disk.

-Patrick