How to move mail from /var/mail into imap

Caleb Walker caleb at topgundrywall.com
Thu Apr 6 10:47:46 EDT 2006

My server uses procmail to process mail through spamassassin and then
into the users mailbox.  In Debian I have found that for deliver
(cyrdeliver) to work I have to set the sticky bit.  I did an update
recently and it removed the sticky bit on cyrdeliver and therefore mail
began to be delivered to /var/mail.  Procmail also removes the From line
because cyrus doesnt seem to like that.  Now mail is in /var/mail
without the From line and I cannot seem to get the mail from /var/mail
back into the Cyrus database because every program I try to use doesnt
see the mail in that file as actual mail due to the missing From line.
What can I do to get the mail into the users mailboxes?
I have tried to set up pop access to it, it sees it as messed up mail.
I tried to use mutt to see the mail in it.  It sees it is screwed up
mail.  I tried to use formail to readd the From but it only does it on
the top line and not each message in the file.

Thanks in advance,
Caleb