Virtual domains and user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com

Jim Norton jimnorton at jimnorton.org
Thu Apr 6 15:25:18 EDT 2006

Ok,

I've done a lot of googling etc and haven't really found concise
answers to my questions.. So hopefully somebody here can help me out.

I've been running Cyrus IMAP with Cyrus SASL and Postfix for a few
years now and have been making sure that the same username such as
"joe" is only used in one virtual domain because I've not been able to
figure out how to create two mailboxes such as joe at domain-one.com and
joe at domain-two.com.

So what version of Cyrus IMAP and Cyrus SASL support such a setup and
how do I configure and create mailboxes like that? And how does this
work with authentication through Cyrus SASL?

I'm not a super advanced Cyrus IMAP/SASL admin so the more detail that
can be provided the better... :-)

Thanks all,
--
Jim Norton - http://www.jamesnortonphotography.com

"I cannot copy nature in a servile way. I must interpret nature and
submit it to
the spirit of the picture" - Henri Matisse