Looking for medium/large Cyrus installations

Andrew Laurence atlauren at mac.com
Tue Apr 4 15:34:30 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

Here at UC Irvine we are contemplating a major change in our central
mailbox services (IMAP, POP and SMTP).  To that end, I'd like to
speak with some Cyrus installations of similar size, so that we might
adequately estimate the hardware and manpower investment in running
Cyrus.

Our current service profile includes:
	 40,000 mailboxes
	250,000 delivered messages/day
	 25,000 unique Webmail/IMAP users
	  5,000	unique POP/desktop users
	  1,300 unique IMAP/desktop users

If your installation is of similar size, and you use Cyrus, I'd very
much like to spend a few minutes (or a few email messages) discussing
your setup, its effectiveness and any difficulties you may have had
along the way.  (If you also use a front-end proxy such as Cyrus'
Murder or Perdition, that'd be all the better.)

Thank you,
Andrew

Andrew Laurence                         atlauren at uci.edu
Central Computing & Security            http://www.nacs.uci.edu/~atlauren/