Cyrus-2.1 + murder: can't disable apop.

Alexander Vlasov zulu at galaradio.com
Tue Apr 4 08:15:09 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

We're trying to migrate from single-server setup to murder and we faced the
following problem: setting 'allowapop: no' has no effect on murder setup. This
option is set to 'no' on all backends and frontend/murder; when I try to connect
to backends apop seems to be disabled

wolf:~# telnet n1 110
Trying 10.1.0.31...
Connected to n1.mail.internal.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK n1.mail.xxx.xxx pop3 server ready

but on frontend greetings looks like apop-enabled

wolf:~# telnet localhost 110
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK wolf.mail.xxx.xxx Cyrus POP3 Murder v2.1.18-IPv6-Debian-2.1.18-1.0.0.gala.0
server ready <7129491054605917733.1144166597 at wolf.mail.xxx.xxx>

despite allowapop is disabled

wolf:~# grep allowapop: /etc/imapd.conf
allowapop: no

With apop, I'll quickly run out of randomness and cyrus will stuck.
Can anyone explain me how to disable apop in my case?

Thanks in advance.