Integrating Cyrus IMAP into MS ADS (LDAPDB) - Anyone?

Nikola Milutinovic alokin1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 10:57:22 EDT 2006

Hi all.

I am trying to integrate Cyrus into MS ADS environment. I need some advice.
This is th setup:

Windows 2003 - ADS DC (KDC, LDAP)

SuSE 10.0 Linux - server
Cyrus SASL 2.1.21-3
Cyrus IMAP 2.2.12-13

Windows XP SP2 - client
Mozilla ThunderBird 1.5
Outlook Express 6.0
Outlook 2003

SuSE 10.0 Linux - client
Mozilla ThunderBird 1.5

I've managed to get GSSAPI mech to work - BUT ONLY "imtest". No other client
would hear of authenticating!!??? I have verified correct operation of "imtest"
on teh SuSE client against the server, but TB falls back to CRAM-MD5. OE and
O2k3 all fail. I've put this on hold, for the time being.

LDAP-DB
-------

Does anyone have any experience in setting up LDAP DB on either UNIX LDAP or MS

>From the docs, I understand I have to setup a special SASL AuthZ Proxy entry,
but the docs are sparse, to say the best. OpenLDAP mentiones this entity. SASL
docs mention this very briefly, saying I just need to set it up.

Has anyone done this in MS ADS environement? Or in a normal OpenLDAP?

A step-by-step with pointers would be beneficial. For all of us.

Than you in advance, for even reading this. If anyone helps, they have a bear.

Nix.