Web based administration interfaces ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sun Apr 2 01:17:55 EST 2006

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 16:49 -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> What are ppl currently using?
>>

> I've experimenting with web-cyradm
>
> I've looked at openmailadmin but somehow.. didn't get it up and running.
>
>> I'm looking for something that uses a database backend ... big thing for
>> me is to avoid using sasldb2, preferring to use a postgresql backend for
>> authentication ...
>
> Mysql backend.

Actually, I'm working on an SQLite backend ... I want to avoid having an
extra process running that really isn't required ... the SQLite stuff
works great for authentication, already got that running ... postfix
doesn't have native support for it yet, so I'm still stuck extracting my
virtual and hostnames tables, but I'm doing that now anyway ...

Now I'm just going ot hack up mailadmin.sourceforge.net to use SQLlite vs
flat files ...

>> what I'd like is something that allows for creating aliases, including
>> first.last name ones, attached to a central account ...
>
> what central account?

you can't easily have first.last at domain within Cyrus ... so, I have
clients create first_last, and create an alias that delivers to that
"central mailbox" ... I just have to extend mailadmin to allow for adding
aliases to the virtuals table next ...

----