High-Availability IMAP server

Patrick Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Tue Sep 27 18:15:32 EDT 2005

We are running the replication code in production at Columbia.

We made great use of it Monday morning when one of our backend
machines failed.
Switching to the replica was quite simple and relatively fast (maybe
5 to 10 minutes from deciding to switch to the replica before replica
was fully in action)

I consider the code to stable, though on occasion strange things
happen (e.g. when user renames user.INBOX to user.saved.INBOX) and
you have to restart the replication process (no downtime to Cyrus
involved).

-Patrick Radtke