Log level question

lartc lartc at manchotnetworks.net
Tue Sep 27 13:29:24 EDT 2005

hi franco,

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 13:28 -0300, Franco Bruno Borghesi wrote:

<snip>
> Yeps, that's what I told him. But I've got no access to his home
> computer, and he keeps saying that his computer is correctly
> configured. That's why I would like to have a record in the log file.

not sure how he's accessing (dial-in, dsl, etc) but your could certainly
catch him by doing a tcpdump filtering on pop3 (and hopefully) his ip
address. you'll see the DELE command in the data section of the tcp
packets ...

of course, some sort of transaction logging would be better :-), but if
all else fails ...

cheers

charles