CMU's graffiti

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Sep 23 22:28:43 EDT 2005

Jeffrey T Eaton wrote:

>>CMU has a tree called graffiti in which anyone can create new bboard
>>mailboxes.  How is this implemented?  I see instructions for creating
>>with Mulberry and cyradm, and it implies the C acl, but that would
>>also allow anyone to delete mailboxes.  Or is that how it works?
>

> We set:
>
> deleteright: a
>
> in imapd.conf, and give the top level graffiti the acl:
>
> anyone lrscp

Note that using 'a' as the delete right is non-standard (although there
is no one 'single' standard, since both 'c' and 'd' are seen in the
wild), and will cause compatibility issues when upgraded ACL code (RFC
2086bis) is deployed.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127