frequent mupdate master mailboxes.db corruption, anyone else?

Sergio Devojno Bruder bruder at haxent.com.br
Fri Sep 16 10:48:24 EDT 2005

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Sergio Devojno Bruder wrote:
>
>>I'm fighting with frequent corruptions of my mupdate master server
>>(high volume, currently 3.9M mailboxes) with Cyrus 2.2.10.
>
> First things first: Triple check your system RAM.

4G of ECC with no log of error, I dont think that in this case the
RAM is the guilty.

Other factor: this corruptions appeared with the volume of use,
this smells 'race' badly.

Example of the simptom:
Sep 15 21:17:14 mupdate mupdate[1608]: DBERROR: skiplist recovery /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db: 14D67FD8 should be ADD or DELETE

When this happens mupdate get tired of create threads to the
point of 'cant create another thread'.

Whe are using CentOS 3.0 (if kernel/glibc/library versions
can mean something).

(Our backends are CentOS 4.1 64 bits, our mupdate is
CentOS 3.0 32 bits).

Any more relevant infos?

--
Sergio Devojno Bruder