how to read actual quota in cyrus

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Sep 15 07:42:58 EDT 2005

Patrice wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to manage quota with my MTA instead of using cyrus quota checking.
>
> my MTA is exim , and I use lmtp to transfer emails to cyrus.
>
> is there a possibility to read actual quota usage for a user in cyrus ?

The only supported way of doing so is via IMAP.  You can read the quota
file, which is plaintext, but I wouldn't recommend writing to it outside
of IMAP.

In LMTP, you can get overquota responses (either 4xx or 5xx) in response
to RCPT TO.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127