cyrus verbose logging / debugging tips?

Aaron Bennett abennett at clarku.edu
Wed Sep 14 13:32:43 EDT 2005

Hello,

We had some serious corruption caused by a faulty san failover on our
imap store, and since then, a number of users can't get email.  The only
clue I have as to what's going on are repeated entries like this in
postfix's maillog:

Sep 14 13:11:58 calliope postfix/pipe[6892]: 111571CE91E:
to=<StudentEmail at muse.clarku.edu>, relay=cyrus, delay=0, status=deferred
(temporary failure)

I tried running reconstruct -r ; it doesn't fix the problem.  I've got a
few questions...

- Is there a way to get a more verbose log from cyrus?
- If reconstruct doesn't work, how screwed am I?
- Does anyone have any other ideas as to where to start?

I'm running cyrus-imapd-2.2.10-2 on RHEL 3.

Thanks,

Aaron Bennett
UNIX Administrator
Clark University