New kid on the block: Zimbra?

Jared Watkins jared at watkins.net
Wed Sep 14 09:43:33 EDT 2005

info-cyrus at utdallas.edu wrote:

> So, anybody here notice http://www.zimbra.com yet?

I have been talking to this company since last november.. and I'm in the
process of doing an eval.  I have an enterprise cyrus/sqm install with
about 2500 accounts.  I can't yet speak for speed... as the performance
tests will come a little later... but in my environment it's not just
about raw speed.  This is a very cool combination of software and it
supports (or will support) HA and load balanced clustering with gfs and
all sorts of plugins for linking the content of messages out to external
data.. like it will recognize a ups tracking number and you can hover
over it in webmail and it tells you the status in a little mouseover
popup.  You can also link to internal apps.. like being able to right
click on a company PO number and check status.. approve/decline etc.
This has the potential to be much more than just another mail server.

Jared