Is there a limit to number of mailboxes in cyrus

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Sep 8 09:37:40 EDT 2005

Ramprasad A Padmanabhan wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 19:14, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>--On 6. September 2005 18:14:27 +0530 Ramprasad A Padmanabhan
>><ramprasad at netcore.co.in> wrote:
>>

>>>  I have a cyrus server running linux RHEL3 with around 4000 mailboxes.
>>
>>we have about 30,000 users using the same OS, using the RPMs from
>><http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/>.
>

> 30000 !!
> Is this on a single machine. Can you give some details about the
> hardware you use ?

Remember, the number of mailboxes isn't as important as the number of
concurrent connections.  The number of mailboxes just impacts the amount
of storage, the number of concurrent connections impacts both the amount
of memory and the bandwidth to the storage.  Unless you're doing a lot
of SSL/TLS connections, the CPU is "relatively" unimportant.

Software Engineer     2495 Main St. - Suite 401
716-604-0088 x26      Buffalo, NY 14214