cannot authenticate to server cyrus

RYAN vAN GINNEKEN luck at computerking.ca
Tue Sep 6 16:50:56 EDT 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Di, den 06.09.2005 schrieb RYAN vAN GINNEKEN um 12:07:
>

>>Thank u that seemed to work i changed the cyrus.conf file like u
>>suggested however now i am back to my original problem
>>

>>My original problem is permission denied when tring to create mailboxes
>>
>>su cyrus
>>%cyradm localhost
>>IMAP Password:
>>              localhost.computerking.ca>
>>localhost.computerking.ca> cm user.testjim
>>createmailbox: Permission denied
>>localhost.computerking.ca> whoami
>>cyrus
>>

>>the user seems to be there i even tried loggin into cyadmin as
>>tokyo.computerking.ca
>>

>Is that the FQDN hostname?

Yes one of them would that make a differance

>>sasldblistusers2
>>test11 at tokyo.computerking.ca: userPassword
>>cyrus at tokyo.computerking.ca: userPassword
>>rmvg at tokyo.computerking.ca: userPassword
>>

>And what did you configure for "admins:" in imapd.conf?

/etc/imapd.conf
admins: rmvg cyrus

> Did you use
>"imtest" to test whether your auth setup works with Cyrus-IMAPd itself
>(not just the specific Perl tool cyradm)?

hmmmmmm that seems to be a problem it could have swore it worked for me
before am i using imtest correctly "imtest -u cyrus localhost"

tokyo.computerking.ca > /home/rmvg #imtest -u cyrus localhost
S: * OK tokyo.computerking.ca Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND
BINARY SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE
LISTEXT LIST-SUBSCRIBED X-NETSCAPE
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN root {6}