Is there a limit to number of mailboxes in cyrus

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Sep 6 09:44:17 EDT 2005

Hi,

--On 6. September 2005 18:14:27 +0530 Ramprasad A Padmanabhan
<ramprasad at netcore.co.in> wrote:

>   I have a cyrus server running linux RHEL3 with around 4000 mailboxes.

we have about 30,000 users using the same OS, using the RPMs from
<http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/>.

> ( Single machine 2GB Ram dual-cpu with RAID ).
> Most of the users (90%) use pop to read their mails
>
> The problem is with frequent corruption of mailboxes.

That hasn't happened to us *at all*. I'd suspect a hardware problem.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK