Cyrus vs Blackberry

Fri Sep 2 22:32:57 EDT 2005

Jason Fesler wrote:
>> If the blackberry has a decent browser and Internet access then you could
>> use a webmail interface to provide email to your handheld device users.

> No offense - but the latency is just too darn much.  I suggest for treo
> users to use an industry standard pop or imap client.
>
> I personally use SnapperMail in imap mode, and *love* it.  Worth every
> penny.  If a person can afford a Treo, they can afford SnapperMail.  The
> imap version is pricier, but worth it.  And for a year, I used the pop
> version - and that didn't suck at all either.

? Why pay for Snappermail? Don't all Treo's come with VersaMail already
installed? I just set one up (new 650) for one of our guys, and he said
it came preinstalled (he didn't pay extra for it). Set up was a snap,
and voila, there were all of his folders, etc. He loves it.

Another guy decided to get a Blackberry, but no way was the boss gonna
spring for a Blackberry Enterprise Server, so I just set his mail to
copy to his Blackberry email account, but of course all het gets is new
mail, but he's fine with that.

--

Best regards,

Charles