createmailbox: permission denied when logged on as admin

Robbie Cahill robbie_syd_au at lycos.com
Mon Oct 31 22:09:21 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

I did this

localhost bin # cyradm -auth DIGEST-MD5 --user robbie at fitstar.com.au --authz robbie at fitstar.com.au localhost
Password: <of course, I put in the correct password and pressed enter>
localhost.localdomain> cm user.order at fitstar.com.au
createmailbox: Permission denied
localhost.localdomain>

here is some of my imapd.conf
admins: cyrus, robbie at fitstar.com.au, robbie at activebase.com.au

.

anyone got an idea of whats going on?
It was working before...happened all of a sudden without me doing nothing
I want to create a mailbox without permission denied. robbie at fitstar.com.au is an admin, as shown above. All the emails on the system work fine in sync with postfix I just cant add new ones for some reason.

Also If I log in as cyrus even with the correct password with cyradm, I get "cannot authenticate with digest-md5 as cyrus." another part of imapd.conf says:

sasl_mech_list: LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 NTLM
Ive tried this 50 times, caps lock is off. it has to be a problem with the server.

Regards,
Robbie Cahill