IOERROR: fstating sieve script

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Mon Oct 31 07:20:18 EST 2005

Hi Leon,

> Hello All,
>
> Could you please tell me what these entries in my log mean:
>
> Oct 31 12:58:55 mail lmtpunix[14418]: lmtp connection preauth'd as postman
> Oct 31 12:58:55 mail lmtpunix[14418]: IOERROR: fstating sieve script
> /var/lib/sieve/k/kuper/defaultbc: No such file or directory

That's not really a problem. It's because cyrus tries to open a sieve
script and if no script exists, it reports this error. I don't know why
this is reported like an error.

> Oct 31 12:58:55 mail lmtpunix[14418]: duplicate_check:
> <339EE3961A83C74F911FB275B67A725901682007 at atlas.cetil.local> user.kuper
>       0
>

> How to deal with IOERROR: fstating sieve script?
> What "duplicate_check:" means, and shjould I be worried about it?

Don't worry. Cyrus checks whether a mail has already been delivered so it
can sort out duplicates. Everything is fine here.

Simon