Instillation problems

Steven Feil sfeil at io.com
Sun Oct 30 15:52:05 EST 2005

I have been having difficulty installing cyrus-imapd on my remote
server.  After starting saslauthd and cyrus-imapd, I ran the following
command ...

localhost:root 18:30:29>testsaslauthd -u root -p XXXXXXX
0: OK "Success."

... That seams to indicate that saslauthd is running correctly

To test cyrus-imapd, ran the following command ...

localhost:root 18:50:44>imtest -u root localhost
getaddrinfo: Servname not supported for ai_socktype
failure: Network initialization - can not connect to localhost:imap

... which seams to to indicate that there was a problem.

I then attempted to enter the admin program to setup mailboxes and
such with the following command ...

localhost:root 18:50:52>cyradm --user cyrus localhost

I had to wait over 120 seconds to get the the "Password:" prompt I
then entered the password only to get the following error..

cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus
Segmentation fault

I'm not sure what I should try next. Any help will be appreciated.

My Setup
Version: 2.2.12 cyrus-imapd
          2.1.20 cyrus-sasl
          2.2.10 cyrus-imap-admin
Distro:  Gentoo Linux 2005.0 (2005-03-30)
Kernel:  version 2.4.29-linode39-1um  (User Mode Linux)

  Steven Feil              | Gram-pa, back at the turn of the      .~.
  Programmer/Developer     | century, why did people use an        /V\
  sfeil at io.com             | operating system, when they were not // \\