timsieved sasl missing

Scott M. Likens damm at yazzy.org
Sat Oct 29 23:29:19 EDT 2005

I run Cyrus on sid, and I see tons of stuff in /usr/lib/sasl2

"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.1.18-IPv6-Debian-2.1.18-2.0.1"
"SASL" "PLAIN GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 NTLM LOGIN CRAM-MD5"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
relational regex"

as you can tell, where they should be.

* OK desolation.livid.dk Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.18-IPv6-Debian-2.1.18-2.0.1
server ready
C01 CAPABILITY

* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=DIGEST-MD5
AUTH=NTLM AUTH=CRAM-MD5 ANNOTATEMORE C01 OK Completed

Long story short, this is how your Cyrus should respond, port 143 on the
2nd, port 2000 on the first.

All I had to do is tweak imapd.conf, nothing more.

 On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 12:15:00 -0700 (PDT)